[guispeak] Re: TextPal 1.9 released

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 12:54:26 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Rick,
The cross-platform GUI library TextPal uses (WxWidgets) uses line feeds
without carriage returns for line endings within the editing buffer in
memory.  To do the conversion you want, I suggest replacing "\n " with
"\n" and then exporting to Mac format, Control+Shift+E, which uses
carriage returns as line endings.

To replace tabs with spaces, replace "\t" with "\ " -- again, only the
regular replace command, Control+R, is needed.  It recognizes the tokens
\n, \t, and \f (form feed).  The RegExp replace command, Control+Shift+R,
recognizes these and other tokens in a more complex syntax, as you may
know.

Jamal