[guispeak] Strange Error Message

  • From: "Bundy, Keith" <Keith.Bundy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 09:53:30 -0600

Hello, all.  Pardon the length of this message, but I'm having an issue
that even our Computing Services department can't figure out.

I am running Windows 7, 32-bit, on a Fugitsu 10/10 Tablet PC, with JAWS
12.0.510. Yesterday morning, when rebooting my computer, I noticed that
all JAWS settings went back to factory defaults.  Then I noticed that,
when I tried to load Microsoft Outlook, I got a strange error message. I
sent the computer over to our tech folks, who have no idea what the
error message means.

The error message is:

Identity Login

There is no current identity

Select your identity name below.  To add

or modify an identity, click Manage

Identities.

Password:

Log Off Identity Manage Identities

OK Cancel

They did mention that, though I have 4 GB of memory, memory may be the
issue because we run 32-bit instead of 64-bit.  I have three questions.

First, does anyone know how this error might be resolved?  Second, is
either WindowEyes or System Access less memory-intensive than JAWS?
Your thoughts are appreciated.

Keith Bundy

605-256-5121