[guispeak] Re: SpySweeper

  • From: John Schwery <jschwery@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 06:50:55 -0600

I use Spy Sweeper with Window Eyes and it works well.

earlier, gerald.g.weichbrodt@xxxxxx, wrote:
All this talk about Kim Komando's tips reminds me:  She seems to be pretty
enthusiastic about an anti-spyware application called SpySweeper.  She says
it has the virtue of both being able to irradicate spyware it finds on your
computer and putting some protection in place to keep the stuff from
parking itself on your computer in the first place.  The program isn't
free, but folks can get two years of coverage for the price of one at
www.komando.com.  I tried their free scanning tool, and it reported some
nasties living on my computer at home.  I guess that's a good sign--that
they really do detect suspicious software residing on one's computer.  Has
anybody on the list actually tried SpySweeper with speech and seen how
usable it is? I have tried AdAware from Lavasoft previously, but the
program scared me a bit.  I had trouble deciphering the screen, and I found
myself getting overwhelmed by the rather obscure options available in the
program (not to mention that I found them hard to adjust with speech).  I
might be interested in SpySweeper if I felt I could operate it and that it
was comprehensible enough that I would feel like I was in control of it
rather than the other way round.

Thanks for any comments on SpySweeper accessibility and usability.

Regards,
Jerry

John

  The light at the end of the tunnel is the light of an oncoming train