[guispeak] Re: Sending compatible Works documents

  • From: Will Smith <wilsmith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 15:02:22 -0400 (EDT)

Hi there,

thanks for your remarks, and I did go ahead and use .rtf so that it should be recognizable by most all club readers.

Will

On Mon, 9 May 2005, Laura Eaves wrote:

Hey Will -- so much for the oxy moron "Microsoft Works..." *smile* -- but
seriously, I thought that the document files in Works are in a compatible
format with Word.  Have you tried it?  Have you installed MS Office? and is
the file extension .doc in Microsoft Works like it is in Office?
If so, then I think no conversion is necessary.  But if you want it
converted to rtf, which should be handled by everybody, you can always just
open the file with WordPad and see if it is handled correctly.
Sorry for the lateness of this reply -- I've been without a computer...
Good luck.
Oops -- just saw George's reply -- that is a better way!
--le