[guispeak] Re: Ripping tracks from a CD

Hi Ian,
Windows Media Player should be able to do the job for you.  You might want
to go into its options and change the recording format for ripped tracks
from Windows Media to MP3 if indeed that's what you want.  Victor Stream
will actually play unprotected WMA files, so you don't have to switch to
MP3 format if you don't want to.  I'll just mention that, in my personal
opinion, there are some issues with Victor Stream's playback of WMA files
that annoy me--some noise and distortion issues.  I keep hoping Humanware
can address the issue, but I'm not sure they're convinced it even is an
issue.

You do have other options.  Gold Wave has a CD ripper.  See
www.goldwave.com.  There's also the very popular open source CDex program
specifically for ripping tracks from CD's.  It lives at
http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/.

Hope this helps,
Jerry

"Ian D. Nichols" <inich@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
01/23/2011 04:19 PM
Please respond to
guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[guispeak] Ripping tracks from a CD

Hi,

6 months ago  I copied a CD onto my Victor Reader Stream, a process that
involved ?ripping? (an ugly expression!) and changing them to .mp3 files.
That was with Windows xp and JAWS 9.

A major crash 3 months ago forced me to get a new PC, Windows 7 and JAWS
12.

I can?t remember how I did it six months ago, and browsing through all the
programs on the new machine has jogged no memory cells.

Could some one please point me to a program, already on the PC or not,
that will enable me to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Ian

Ian D. Nichols,
Toronto, Canada

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature
unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action
in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in
error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.