[guispeak] Retaining original creation date when copying files and folders

  • From: Kevin Russell <kevin_russell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 09:39:16 +0000

Hi

Does anybody know if there's a way of keeping the original file creation
date when copying files and folders in Windows XP.  If I use the Move
command from the Edit menu in Windows Explorer, all original dates are
kept, but the file is moved from the original location, which I don't want
to happen.  I want to carry out the same function in terms of retaining
original dates using Copy.

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers

Kevin