[guispeak] Re: Puzzling behaviour!

  • From: Clive Stevenson <clive.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 13:26:38 +0100

Hi,

No George, you did not... Mia Culpa, I was so focused on the larger issue I forgot to include the details everyone would need if they were to help me!

I use two screen-readers, both of which evince the same reaction to these messages. One is Window-Eyes 5.5 Beta 1 and the other is JAWS 5.0. I should add that I had exactly the same reaction when using Window-Eyes 5.0 so I do not think that the fact that I am currently testing a 'beta' version has anything to do with this problem. Also I am aware that my version of JAWS is not the most current. Unfortunately, at present I am not in a position to afford the upgrade and will have to make do with what I have already got.

The computer I am working from is fitted with a 2.0GB Pentium 4 processor; 512 MB of DD RAM and running Windows XP Home Edition SP2.

Apart from the JAWS software all other software is thoroughly up to date as are 'Windows Updates' and the 'housekeeping' is bang up to date as well.

Hope this helps...

Clive.S

In message <5C7EA308D397A045B5F1FD9AF0FA480358537D@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
, George Bell <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
Hi Clive,

And your screen reader, and version is.....?

If I missed that information in your message, I do
apologise.

George.