[guispeak] Problems with Getright software

  • From: Kevin Russell <kevin_russell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 16:39:05 +0000

        Hi

I wonder if anyone can help with this.

Some time ago, I downloaded and tried the trial version of Getright from
Headlight Software.  The version I tried was v5.2D.  In this version, I
was able to go into the configuration options treeview, arrow down to the
Advanced options and set the 'set file dates to match the date of the file
on the server' option.

This is very useful as this lets you retain the original file date and not
the date when you downloaded the file.

I decided to purchase Getright Pro and downloaded and installed v6.0C I
think.  However, when I go into the Configuration options, the Advanced
option just isn't there.

I've checked with Getright support and they assure me that it's still
there.  I've had sighted help to check this and I'm assured it isn't
there.  As you can imagine, I'm disappointed, particularly as I've paid
over 30 Pounds for the software.  Not a fortune granted, but enough!  I'm
having to use a backlevel version just to get the option I want.

Has anybody else come across this?

Alternatively, does anybody of a way of setting the Internet Explorer
download option so that original file dates are retained when downloading;
or is there another simpler program or an Internet Explorer plugin that
will do this.

Many thanks.

Cheers

Kevin