[guispeak] Re: IE 7 & Screen Readers?

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 00:14:06 +0100

Hi Kelly,

Are Freedom aware of this?

George.

________________________________

From: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Kelly Ford
Sent: 22 October 2006 00:00
To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [guispeak] Re: IE 7 & Screen Readers?

If you are using JAWS 7.1 with IE7, you should be aware that
there are still some situations when JAWS will not correctly
read combo boxes or selection lists on web pages.  The
majority of situations have been corrected where this is a
problem but it is not 100% resolved.  If you are comfortable
using the JAWS cursor you can work around those places where
this is still an issue and I know that Freedom Scientific
will fully support IE7 with JAWS 8.

The situations where JAWS tends to not read things correctly
involve times when the combo box is expanded by default on
the web page or if you turn it into a list by using alt+down
arrow.

Kelly