[guispeak] How is the Program "Nero 7 Ultra Edition Enhanced" for Accessibility with a Screen Reader?

  • From: gerald.g.weichbrodt@xxxxxx
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 14:37:58 -0500

Hi all,

Christmas time is coming, and I've been trying to figure out what I might
enjoy from those who always say I'm hard to figure out in that regard.
I've been using an aging version of Easy CD Creator 5 Basic for some
years, now, but I keep hearing what a treat Nero has been for many years
when it comes to use with a screen reader.  I'd also like improved support
for DVD burning, MP3, and such.  The noises I've heard lately give me the
impression that Easy Media Creator (Easy CD Creator's newer, shinier
successor) is not an improvement in accessibility and may actually be a
step backward.  So, if I wanted a tool to really help me work with
recordable disks, even to the point of maybe helping me transfer our stuff
from video tape over to disks, would I be pleasantly surprised by Nero's
new, shiny version? Do they continue to think about blind users as they
seem to have done in the past? By the way, I'm using JAWS 8.0.

Thanks a lot for any help,
Jerry