[guispeak] Filedir problems continue

  • From: "Ian D. Nichols" <inich@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 20:44:06 -0500

Hi Jamal,

Before I elevated to the update you published a couple of days ago I had a
functional version of Filedir on my Windows 7 home premium edition 64-bit PC.

I installed the update and chose to load the MS filter program (I can’t
remember its exact name at the moment).  When I tried to run Filedir from the
desktop icon it gave me a couple of “message to developer” messages, and then
crashed saying that an attempt had been made to load a file that was in the
wrong format or corrupt.  I have tried reinstalling it a couple of times, but
the same thing happens every time.

For most of the 3 months that I have had my new PC I have had a functioning
Filedir, but now I do not.  It’s a great program and I miss it a lot.  Is there
a “dirsetup” file available for one of the earlier versions?  I have looked on
empowermentzone, but can’t find anything except the most recent version.

I’d be really grateful if you could help me out in this or some other way.

All the best.

Ian

Ian D. Nichols,
Toronto, Canada