[guispeak] Re: FW: problem with the guispk list

  • From: "Laura Eaves" <leaves1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 05:11:18 -0500

Hi George -- Well I was wondering if this was the same type of problem I was having, but apparently not -- it is a Eudora problem then?
That is odd.
My problem happened at a subscribed website that I went to to post a message, and the interface was such that although it was a standard html text field, whatever I typed came out as jibberish. Some of the characters repeated, but also the text was generously sprinkled with other characters I had not typed. And when I tried backspacing, all bets were off as to what was on the screen.
Does anyone have an idea what could have caused this? I subscribed and paid an annual fee to join this site, and so I'm kind of annoyed that it is not accessible -- but it seems like it should be as jaws doesn't have trouble with anything else...

Anyway, back to your problem: I have never used Eudora so don't know the interface -- but since you refer to group lists, I assume Eudora uses the standard Microsoft AddressBook?

Just wondering.
I have heard that Eudora works better with WindowEyes than with Jaws. But I don't know from experience.

Good luck -- oh and do you celebrate Thanksgiving in the UK?
Today is Thanksgiving here. So whatever you are celebrating, happy holidays!
--le

----- Original Message ----- From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>