[guispeak] Re: Conditional page break

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 10:01:13 +0100

Hi Don,

I think this is what you want.  What follows is from
Duxbury's 10.6 Help files, but still applies to 10.4.

George.

Conditional Eject

Also known as: Widows and Orphans
(See also: Conditional Eject or Skip Line)

Code Used: [cpN]
Keystroke: (None at present)

What does it do?

If fewer than a specified number of lines are available
after this code on the page,
then begin the text on a new page. Otherwise break to a new
line.

Where would it be used?

This can be useful in preventing paragraphs from being split
in awkward places. For
example, you may not wish the first line of a paragraph to
be on its own at the foot
of a page.

Usage in DBT:  (Let us assume the following is towards the
end of a page)

Contact details follow.[cp2][es~para.]The telephone number
for Duxbury's Technical
support department is: +1-978-692-3000.[ee~para.]

Produces in Braille:

  ,3tact details foll[4
------------ blank line ------------

  ,! teleph"o numb] =       #b
,duxbury's ,te*nical support
de"p;t is3- plus
#a-igh-fib-cjjj4

Let us explain!

The [cp2] effectively says, If there are two lines or fewer
left on the braille page,
then continue on a new page.