[guispeak] Re: Braille Lite 2000 and WinDisk

  • From: "Laura Eaves" <leaves1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 23:40:51 -0500

Are you connected to a serial port or a USB to serial adaptor?
Shouldn't matter -- I've had  good luck with the adaptors, but have never
run windisk over it.
Does the windisk on your notetaker match the version on your PC?
Are you on XP or an earlier version of windows?
I know that windisk 3.0 did not run on XP, but 3.5 may have fixed that.
Also, I had trouble using windisk on ME and discovered that there were
reasons why some software made it incompatible, and so its behavior was
unpredictable.  Don't know the details however.
Perhaps whatever it was was fixed in 3.5...
Try calling FS and see what they say.  (Well, actually they will probably
try and sell you a pack mate...<smily>)
Good luck.
--le