[guispeak] Booting to MS-DOS with Windows 98se

  • From: Will Smith <wilsmith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 21:10:28 -0400 (EDT)

I've installed windows 98se on a computer and want to boot directly into ms-dos. I have tried the empty win.bat in the root directory trick, but it's not working. The machine goes on to windows anyway.
I recall another method of accomplishing this involving modifying a line of a windows file from 0 to 1 or vice versa.

Can anyone remind me of this method with specific details. Right now I am searching around in old files for this info, but haven't located it yet.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Will
wilsmith@xxxxxxxxx