[guispeak] Anyone Got Some Fairly Quick Tips for a JAWS User Possibly Needing to Make Limited Use of Someone's Macintosh?

  • From: gerald.g.weichbrodt@xxxxxx
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 10:11:08 -0400

Hi all.  I am going on a trip with some folks in the near future.  We're
supposed to do some blogging during our travels.  The computer going on
the trip for this purpose turns out to be a Macintosh.  I said I would
like to be one of the bloggers.  The thing is that I've been using JAWS
for years but have no experience with a Mac.  I'd like to know if there
are any quick tips for getting up to speed to do blog writing, I presume
using the Safari browser, using a Mac.  Thus far all I think I know is
that there's a "Command" key on the Mac keyboard.  I think I read that you
hold this "Command" key down and hit F5 to turn on the VoiceOver screen
reader.  So what else should I know? Does VoiceOver do a good job guiding
the new user into its use? Should I actually have a good chance of
VoiceOver being on the computer? Any info would be welcome.

Thanks,
Jerry