[guispeak] Re: Announcing McTwit - a powerful, accessible client for Twitter!

  • From: Sue B <sueb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 14:49:59 -0400

Just a note to anyone who has tried the McTwit program. First, it crashed on my computer 3 times. I use Windows Vista Business. I'm not certain if that is a known issue. I'll keep trying. Also, be aware if this matters to you, when you type your password into the login screen, the characters you type are visible to anyone looking over your shoulder. Unlike most login screens where you hear Star, Star, Star etc. When you hear the characters you are keying they are also visible.

Twitter is funny. See ya'll there.  <grin>

Sue B.

Jamal Mazrui wrote:
Now available at
http://EmpowermentZone.com/mtsetup.exe

McTwit
Version 1.0
April 25, 2009

McTwit is a free, open source desktop client for Twitter.com, a popular
social networking site.  The program is designed for productivity by
keyboard users.  Additionally, if the JAWS, System Access, or Window-Eyes
screen reader is active, some information is conveyed efficiently through
direct speech messages.  Such messages are also displayed on the status
line for visual users.

McTwit works on almost any version of Windows.  Its use of standard
controls tends to maximize accessibility.  Programmed in a cross-platform
language, the source code is also relatively easy for interested
developers to port to other operating systems.  A command-line version of
McTwit is included in the distribution, as well as the more powerful GUI
version.

McTwit's flexible, direct access to Twitter features makes it convenient
to explore and communicate interactively.  You can select a user either by
pointing to a list item or entering a screen name.  Get a list of
someone's tweets, followers, or leaders with a single keystroke.  Go to a
related URL, subscribe to tweets, post a public reply, or send a private
message.

Jamal