[guispeak] A question about JAVA Applets and JFW 5.1

  • From: "Christopher Sabine" <jsabine@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 19:36:23 -0500

Hi Folks.  I'd like to know what the status of JAWS is concerning JAVA
in Web pages.  I'm using JFW 5.1 with IE 6 under Windows XP Home
Edition.  I had to help someone access a secured, employee's only site
operated by one of our local banks, which evidently has a close working
relationship with our rehab center for the blind.  This Web site
contained a frame where you enter personal info like employee benefits.
The site is divided into frames and the frame where you enter this
information is totally inaccessible.  JAWS reads the screen as a Java
application.  I know Freedom Scientific has been looking into this issue
for quite a while now, but I was wondering if we'll see better access to
these types of sites in the future.

Thanks,

Chris.