[guispeak] Re: A place to get Vista 64 bit

  • From: Glenda Born <gjborn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 06:27:05 -0600

Both. Freedom Scientific does not currently have its JAWS product vista ready. And, Microsoft will be coming out with patches to correct problems that often are not readily apparent until a new operating system has been released. They are also most likely aware of problems that they will continue to work out but they are under the gun to release their new operating system.

Glenda Born

At 07:39 PM 1/29/2007, you wrote:
When I bought a new computer in the fall, I asked Freedom Scientific whether
they would support Vista so that those with SMA's could switch.  Then in an
e-mail, FS advised waiting at least a year before upgrading to allow time
for thorough debugging.  The person sending the e-mail wasn't clear whether
he/she was talking about Microsoft or Freedom Scientific having to debug.

Date: 28/01/2007 13:12

Date: 28/01/2007 13:12