[guide.chat] { received with many thanks to Si Watson } :Fwd: How cold was it?

  • From: Keith Wines <muckyduck2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 18:15:13 -0000

:Fwd: How cold was it?

HOW COLD WAS IT? IT WAS SO COLD ....
- kids were using a new excuse to stay up late: "But Mom, my pajamas haven't
thawed out yet!"

- when kids go outside to play, they can only go as far as the extension
cord will allow.

- we had to carry around hammers and chisels so we could get out of our
parkas.

- Levi Strauss started manufacturing electric jeans.

- the optician was giving away free ice scrapers with every new pair of
eyeglasses.

- the Statue of Liberty was seen sticking that torch under her robe.

- you need the wallpaper steamer to get undressed.

- "blanket suffocation" is now the number one cause of fatalities.

- Playboy magazine stopped publishing because no women would take their
clothes off.

- the computer store was selling giant keyboards so people could type with
mittens.

- "hot pants" started selling again.... until people figured out they
weren't.

- kids had to stay inside all week ... parents are now organizing a "teacher
appreciation day."

- anyone with a body temperature near 104°F was in danger of being hauled
out of their sickbed and used as a heater.

- firefighters couldn't convince people to get out of their houses when they
caught fire.

- we had to chop up the piano for firewood ... but we only got two chords.

- we didn't clean the house, we just defrosted it.

- the lights would only go on in the house when someone opened the door.

- I tried to take the garbage out, but it didn't want to go.

- we pulled everything out of the freezer and huddled inside it to warm up.

- when I turned on the shower, I got hail.

- I chipped a tooth on my soup!
-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by DAVE