[guide.chat] part 3. Infant school.

  • From: "M BOWKER" <bowker288@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 19:25:40 +0100

I started going to infant school when I was three or four years old. I don't
ever remember having lessons or any of the good things that may have taken
place. I seem to this day have a mental blockage, I only remember the bad
parts. And there were plenty of those.
Because of my pallet I had to chew all my food a thousand times before I could
swallow it. I use to get food go into my mouth and then it would go up and into
the nasal passages. This was very uncomfortable as it coursed a very bad
burning sensation. I could only sniff up through my nose to try and get the
food out. I would then get smacked of the dinner lady. Then more often than not
I couldn't eat all my dinners. So the water was taken away from me and I was
forced to eat my meal being told all the time that there was a war on and I
should be grateful that I have food to eat and it will be forced down me if
necessary. Then because I was last as usual I got another smack for that. Then
we had to go into another class room and go to sleep for an hour on the camp
beds. More smacks for coming in late and more because I was still crying and
keeping the others awake. I was to young to know what was happening to me but I
know I didn't like it. And this is where the Nicky taking started about my
speech. Because I was talking down my nose most of the time people couldn't
understand what I was saying. So because the adults were making fun of me the
younger one's started to do it to. And the more they did it the more they
carried on. I think I must have spent 80 per cent of my infant life crying.
Needless to say I learnt nothing there. I was now ready to go to junior school
next door.
During the school holidays My brother who is five years older than me got me in
the garden one day and made me stand there while he put an apple on my head.
Stand still and don't move, were playing William Tell. He pulled back  his
arrow, which was a knitting needle and off it went through the air and straight
into my left eye ball. The start of new school and the wearing of N H I glasses.

love Malcolm. xxx

  love Malcolm. xxxx.

 Cheshire,

skype name,