[guide.chat]

  • From: "Harold Kitching" <harold.kitching01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Pam Camidge" <pam.camidge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Forum chats guade forum" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2012 17:01:11 +0100

:Fwd: The Walls Of Jericho.

: The Walls Of Jericho.

          A school inspector is sent to assess a Year 4 class in a local
Brisbane State School.
                                He is introduced to the class by the
teacher.

                                She says to the class, "Let's show the
inspector just how clever you are by allowing him to ask you a question".
                                The inspector reasons that normally class
starts with religious instruction, so he will ask a biblical question.
                                He asks: "Class, who broke down the walls
of Jericho ?"
                                For a full minute there is absolute
silence. Eventually, little Billy raises his hand.

                                Billy stands up and replies: "Sir, I do
not know who broke down the walls of Jericho,  but I can assure you it
wasn't me".

                                Of course the inspector is shocked by the
answer and the lack of knowledge of the famous bible story and he looks at
the teacher for an explanation.

                                Realising that he is perturbed, the
teacher says:

                                "Well, I've known Billy since the start of
the year, and I believe that if he says that he didn't do it then he
didn't do it".

                                The inspector is even more shocked at this
and storms down to the principal's office and tells him what happened, to
which the principal replies: "I don't know the boy, but I believe his
teacher.

                                If she feels that the boy is innocent,
then he must be innocent".

                                The inspector can't believe what he is
hearing.

                                He grabs the phone on the principal's desk
and in a rage, dials Julia Gillard and rattles off the entire occurrence
to her and asks her what she thinks of the education standard in the
State.

                                The PM sighs heavily and replies:

                                "I don't know the boy, the teacher or the
principal, and never heard of the school, but just get three quotes and
have the bloody wall fixed!!"

You will