[guide.chat]

  • From: "Harold Kitching" <harold.kitching01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Forum chats guade forum" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Si Watson" <mrsvilla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 22:04:37 -0000

       THE AFGHAN  FOOTBALLER

       The Rangers FC manager flew to Kabul to watch a young Afghani
play football, was suitably impressed and arranged for him to come
over.

       Two weeks later Rangers were 4-0 down to Hearts with only 20
minutes left. The manager gave the young Afghani striker the nod and on
he went.

       The lad was an absolute sensation. He scored 5 goals in 20
minutes and won the game for Rangers. The crowd went wild, the fans
were delighted, the players and coaches were delighted and the media
loved the new young football star.

       When the player came off the pitch he phoned his mum to tell her
about his first day in Scottish football.

       "Hello mum, guess what?" he said, "I played for 20 minutes
today, we were 4-0 down but I scored 5 and we won. Everybody loves me,
the fans, the media, they all love me!"

       "Wonderful," said his mum, "Let me tell you about my day. Your
father got shot in the street and robbed, your sister and I were
ambushed and beaten, your brother has joined a gang of looters, and all
while you were having such great time."

       The young lad was very upset. "What can I say, mum? I'm really
sorry!" he said.

       "Sorry?!!! Sorry?!!!" said his mum, "It's your bloody fault we
came to Glasgow in the first

You will