[guide.chat] my poem the old and the new

  • From: vanessa <qwerty1234567a@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GUIDE CHAT" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 03:00:32 -0000

THE OLD AND THE NEW.

Oh what shall I do my dears, I'm so cold?
My bones are brittle and I'm not very bold.
I was born the same year as the old Queen.
It's 1990, and the home helps just been.

I've seen all the fasions,come in and go out.
In my day if I wore a mini, I'd get such a clout.
We all wore long dresses, that trailed dust off the road.
There were no pavements then, as i think on my commode.

I've seen the old money change into decimal pence.
What a load of old cobblers my dears, take no offence.
But it's not worth a farthing, this pound that I hold.
A shilling would pay the rent, you'd think it was gold.

I've seen how you hussies brown in the sun.
My father would have killed me or beaten me with his gun. We all used a
parasol, our skins always fair.
And our bodies were always covered, never, ever bare.

Our washing we used mangles and rubbing boards.
Our washing we used our hands, each monday we'd have hoards.
A good bar of soap and away we would wash.
None of todays fancy things, not even for the posh.

For christmas we had a penny sugar white mouse.
We were never spoilt, there was no greed in our house.
We sometimes had a turkey, a few paper trimmings here and there.
A new shiny penny, an apple and orange, we didn't care.

We beat the dust off our mats on the washing line.
And we were all tucked up, just as it turned nine.
Todays generation is greedy, always wanting more.
Never satisfied, bored, unable to scrub a floor.

I pay more bills now, than I did then.
Food prices rising, no real ladies or gentlemen.
No wonder your bored, your used to getting more,.
Always buying and bettering yourselves, always at war.

A clean old house economically run.
Is better than a new one, and with lots of fun.
A new one, your keeping with the Joneses every day.
Lots of fancy gadgets with lots of bills to pay.

Be grateful for the little things in life.
Don't want for gadgets, they bring the strife.
Be sensible, proud of what little you own.
And be kind to people and you'll never be alone.

By Vanessa.

from
Vanessa The Google Girl.
my skype name is rainbowstar123