[guide.chat] hello

  • From: "Jenny Coupe" <jenny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 12:38:06 -0000

Hi All ,I'm back from the snowy Alps, the snow was over 5 ft and it was colder
than usual,the mountains looked just like the postcards ,I always wonder how a
person with sight loss manages in these French villages, whilst they clear the
roads they just shovelheaps of snow onto the walk way so it is impossible to
walk anywhere.
As most of my family and friends spend the day skiing I am able to sit and
listen to my books, this time I have listened to "the Help" written by Kathryn
Stockett. set in  1962 in Jackson Missssippi  it tells the story of the black
maids, it is a really    good read but is 15 discs so is just right for a
holiday.
I was given tickets for the Lion King a Visual Eyes production , It was
wonderful to see and feel thee fantastic  masks and the audio description was
clear , Hope other members of Guide get a chance to see it
Jenny (Coupe)