[guide.chat] have you ever learned to play a musical instrument

  • From: "Kevin Burgin" <kevin.burgin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 20:39:51 +0100

When I was at secondary school I learned to play the bassoon because I was
asked as no one else in the school orchestra played it.

I quickly learned that there are two ways to play the bassoon.  The French
style is when it is given a low, soft seductive sound.

Our musical teacher Mr. Wilson always said I played the bassoon like an
Englishman and as a bassoon player I can tell you that is not a compliment.

If you want to know how that sounds just imagine what the Isle Of White Ferry
sounds like when it is in a fog.

Cheers

Kevin