[guide.chat] guide dogs

  • From: "Christopher Simpson" <chrisnash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 16:27:11 -0000

Hi Malcolm,

Thanks for asking about Nash I have had him for four years and it has flown by,
and I thought that I was the only one with a daft guide dog but hearing other
stories I realize that most of them are the same, it always amazes me that off
harness he is as daft as a brush and a big softie, but as soon as I put his
harness on he stands like a statue waiting for his first command and responds
immediately to everything thing I say, and it was so hard in the beginning I
almost gave up, if we are left alone when out working we are fine but when
training my g.d.m.o said the biggest problem you will face is the public,and
she was so right, as anyone with a guide dog will testify, the fussing and
feeding is bad enough but the other day a lady allowed her out of control dog
to actually play with Nash as we were crossing a busy main road, and all she
said to her badly behaved dog was in a soft simpering voice was you naughty
little boy.

one of Nash's funny things is to growl at the tv when there is animals on and
with his hair sticking up he runs round the back of the tv to see where they
have gone,

Chris Simpson Leicester, skype name chriscringle2