[guide.chat] episode 11 the adventures of Mary Jane

  • From: "Jenny Mock" <r.mock356@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat List" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 18:46:39 +0100

At RAF Odiham  they used to put on a dance or disco each week for the air men
and the local girls used to go there to the dances,I had a couple of boyfriends
before I was introduced to Lofty,I was at one of the disco's with one of my
friends,when her boyfriend came over to me with him and said that Lofty would
like to dance with you,we danced a few dances then Lofty suggested we went down
to the bar to have a drink,which was good as it was dark in the disco and I
could not see what he looked like,when we got into the bar and I saw what he
was like I was pleasantly surprised he was very tall and good looking, he asked
me how I was getting home and I told him I had a taxi booked,he told me to
cancel it as he had a car outside and he would take me home,I told him that my
sister was at the dance also and he would have to take her as well as we had to
stay together,this he agreed to do,well we used to meet on a regular basis
after that and during his time I knew him in the RAF he had to do a tour in
Norway the Bahamas and also Northern Ireland  after about a year Lofty was
demobbed from the RAF and went back to North Devon where his family lived,I
went and had a couple of weeks summer holiday with him but I also went to Spain
with my sister which had been booked,we had gone the year previous and wanted
to go again,while we were on our Spanish holiday of course because I was partly
sighted I used to trip over things and bump into things the currier who was
with our tour told my sister she should look after me as I was always drunk,my
sister did not tell her it was because I could not see,Lofty was a bit put out
because I went to Spain but as I told him it was booked before I met him,I also
went to Devon to meet with Lofty's parents who were very nice,after a year of
Lofty being in Devon and me being in Hampshire my foster Father suggested that
I should move down to Devon as I had a house there and I could decide for
myself how I wanted things done,when I moved to Devon I didn't know anyone much
but soon made friends with the jobs that I did,as I already have said I had the
job in the hospital which I loved but when I had to finish that job I then went
to Manor House in Torquay,there I learned typing long cane training among other
things,I had a really good three months down there, when I went back home I
used my long cane for two years then decided to apply for my first guide dog,

watch this space for next episode,
kind regards from Jenny Ray and  doggies skype name jenny.mock97