[guide.chat] easy peasy picture learning

  • From: "Vanessa" <qwerty1234567a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GuideChat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 07:42:18 +0100

I create pictures in my head to help me  remember.
I will write this as easy as I can, as I know how hard computering is.
Ask your Rehabilitation Officer from Social Services to put small bump ons on
the letters and numbers on your keyboard, they will help you immensely, I have
bump ons on these keys 1 5 0 tab q y p a g l z v m return up-arrow down-arrow.

First we will start with the keys you need to press, so that you know where
they are.
The very top line of keys on your keyboard, the top left key is your ESCAPE
key, next is 3  blocks of 4 keys, they are your F keys, there are 12 F keys,
these keys are numbered F1 F2 F3 F4 F5 F6 F7 F8 F9 F10 F11 F12.
I always press F10 for the date and time, press the F10 key, practising by
learning 1 shortcut at a time, it does not matter how long it takes, 1 day or 1
year, take your time, go at your own pace.
The F1 is Guide's Help pages and you can press F1 when you are in Emails or
press F1 when you are in Documents etcetera. You can press F1 for the help page
to pop up for other categories on Guide. When you want to close the F1 help
page just press the ESCAPE key, remember the Escape key is the top left key
before the 3 blocks of 4 F keys. The Escape key = to go back, pretend it is
like going back a page in a book, you are returning to the previous page you
were on.

For copying and pasting the key we need to remember is the F2 key.
You press the F2 key at the begining of what you want to copy and at the end of
what you want to copy you press F2.
F2 is highlighting what you want copied.
Highlight = Imagine the letters all being lit up with a torch. The letters are
shining like sunshine telling the computer we are ready, we are highlighted, we
are all lit up.
All these lit up letters are Highlighted ready to be copied.

The next key to remember is the Control key.
You have learnt where the Escape key is, still staying on the left side, go
straight down from the Escape key to the bottom line on the corner is the
Control key.
Top left corner on its own is the Escape key and bottom left corner on the same
line as your spacebar is the Control key.
The Control Key is a very important key.
The Control key and a letter from your keyboard makes a shortcut command.
It will be easy now, the worst is over, stay with me, be brave, if I can do it,
you can too.

Next is the letter to press while holding down the Control key.
1 You have to highlight by pressing the F2 key at the begining and then press
the F2 again at the end of what you want highlighted, then continuously holding
down the Control key and then pressing on a letter, ONLY one of the following
letters, remember ONLY one of these with the Control key.

Here are the letters.
Press down the Control key with the letter C = copy.
Press down the Control key with the letter S = saves.
Press down the Control key with the letter I = Italic.
Press down the Control key with the letter V = paste (try and say vaste as
vaste rhymes with paste).
Press down the Control key with the letter X = cut (try and think of the X like
a pair of scissors open).
All these and more are on Guide's help page press F1 to get them and press
Escape after reading.

To copy and paste.
1 First you have to HIGHLIGHT what you want to copy by pressing F2 at the
begining and F2 at the end.
2 Next press the Control key and the letter C to copy.
3 Go to where you want to paste it, then press  the Control key and the letter
V to paste it.

Oh yes you did it, well done, proud of you.

Vanessa the Google girl.

Skype name = RainbowStar123