[guide.chat] What do you all think of this

  • From: "Carol O'Connor" <missbossyboots33@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 17:03:09 +0100

Dear Sir or madam

I am writing to you to ask you a special favour on myself and behalf of all my
friends who are all totally blind or partially sighted or some have tiny vision
some have hearing impairment too.
I myself is Deaf-blind but can hear the TV.  You may be wondering why I am
writing to you.  Well its to tell you about my frustration and my friends
frustration too regarding all kind of sports on tv on all channels.  Well I
would like to point out to you that on some programms such as soaps and some
documentary programms we do have Audio description which is wonderful as it
certainly open up doors and make our tv vewing worth watching .  We feel a part
of society now because we can tell our families and friends what is going on in
our programms all thanks to wonderful Teknology of today.  Its lovely feeling
to know that we can all watch it and listen to all the facial reactions and
also the movements on the programm and the actors and actresses what they are
wearing.  I can tell you my frustration now when it comes to sport such as
Football.Cricket Rugsby , net ball Tenis in Wimbledom each year .  I am very
disapointed with the fact when all the London Olympic 2012 on last fortnight we
can't even listen to it as not being able to see what is happening becomes very
upsetting to us blind and partially sighted.  There for its just a complete
waste of time to us.  I find it very upsetting wehn the Ceremony opening of the
Olympics fortnight ago we couldn't enjoy it all and the closing of the Olympic
ceremony .  Please can you take it in to consideration us blind and partially
sighted like to be able to enjoy listening to the Olympics or any kind of
sports that take place during week day or weekend.

I would love to see if its possible if you can put our sport on tv on Audio
description please.  I hope you can help me on this matter be very grateful .

Your sincerely
 Miss Carol O'Connor