[guide.chat] Two Carol

  • From: "Harold Kitching" <harold.kitching01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Forum chats guade forum" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 14:24:51 +0100

Hi Carol

I am sorry that I can't tell you the name of Doris Day album

I was listening to the radio

and get in Tina's harness on at the same time

to go out for our morning walk

I was so surprised when they said that a Doris Day was releasing a new album

I thought that she had passed away

but I was wrong

I thought that she would be about 80

but Alex informed me that she was born in 1924

making her 87

the reason I sent the guide dog letter to the list

it wasn't about the guide dogs

it was the part about helping other blind people

who will haven't got the guide dog for what ever reason

and hoping to get volunteers to go out with blind people

I was like you were in my first two guide dogs

I went to the guide dogs centre at Middlesbrough

where we stayed for about 3 1/2 weeks

it was excellent

food was brilliant

we used to go out to all three nights a week

to 10 pin bowling karaoke

all just to a pub

we also had a bar in the centre

paid at the bar bill each week