[guide.chat] The good old days

  • From: "Carol O'Connor" <missbossyboots33@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide Chat List" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 08:52:29 +0100

Good morning Vanessa
wow all them sweets
I used to eat sweets on way to school get bags full hahahahaha hide them in my
desk at school suck on sweets in assembly hall and got thrown out and made to
stand outside the miserable old farts the teachers were.
Wouldn't mind wasn't making all that noises .
Yes the tap in parks wow to think about it now yuck disgusting used to run up
for drinks when we think about it now we used to drink from them same taps as
other kids did oh my god think of all the germs we picked up in them days still
here today hahahahahaha fit and healthy
I am very particular now always washing my hands now even after touched stuff
in morrisons and handle bars on shopping trollies.
Iuse baby wipes if I am out shopping in cafe's too
As for the colour indicator does my head in some times.
It tells me fews colours all at once so I am thinking I am looking like a clown
don't know what it means when it says
Olive green
oh yes,I also put the colour indicator on my cards that I make just a4 coloured
cards I get in a pack
good then Say for example its pink then put braille leter p for pink.

when putting clean bath towels out use it too fantastic my friend clare on here
well its her mum that gave me the colour indicator few years ago.cool yea
right going for my breakfast now
having scramble egg on toast and rice krispies and cappuccino coffee.
take care

From: Vanessa - Email Address: qwerty1234567a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent On: 22/06/2011 02:54
Sent To: Carol O'Connor - Email Address: missbossyboots33@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: In Reply To: [guide.chat] The good old days

Hi Carol.
All those sweets are still available today.
I bought Malcolm cough sweets, chocolate limes, they have everton mints, pear
drops, sherbet pips, flying saucers with sherbet in the middle, black jacks,
fruit salads, sherbet dips, very long laces, liquorice, sweet cigarettes,
smarties, chocolate buttons and more. I bought them for my grand children too
which I get told off frequently about their teeth, Mum stop, they only just
been to the dentist.
I never listen, children have to try them, so that in the future they can be
like us on a forum somewhere saying my nan bought me them, lol.

I remember the tar rollers, rolling and pressing the tar on the roads and on
tea breaks men with dirtiest of hands eating sandwiches, some rules of
cleanliness do not apply to our yesterday, like the spit my nan put on her
handkerchief to wipe my face when we were out, the drinking of tap water our
mouths over the taps to drink, I would not do it today, but when a child you do
not know what you know now.

From: Sennjan Kadir - Email Address: senn.kadir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent On: 21/06/2011 17:39
Sent To: Carol O'Connor, guide Chat List - Email Address:
missbossyboots33@xxxxxxxxx, guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: In Reply To: [guide.chat] Games back then

Hi Carol,
I had forgotten all about that, your so right, you could leave your doors open
back then and not worry about anyone getting in.
We use to play skipping games, can't remember what they were called.
Another game was had, it involved a lot of running around.
They really were the good days, shame we can't go back to them.
Before I go, what about the sweets we use to have?
chews, curly wurly oh and pear drops and dolly mixtures, you can still get them.
Take care.
Senn.