[guide.chat] Phobias

  • From: "clare moulds" <clare@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 19:37:39 +0100

Good Evening Carol, June and all. I don't like balloons either and I also don't
like escalators as it scares me the way they keep moving and don't stop for us
to get on. I would much rather go in a lift although would never go in one on
my own but will go with someone. At least I feel safer in lifts although I know
if I ever got stuck in one that would all change but let's hope that never
happens. Oh I also have a fear of dogs but there's a good reason for this. When
I was 5 years old I was out walking with my mum and she stopped to talk to
someone who had a jack Russell dog. Well the dog jumped up me and clung to me
wouldn't get off. I have been scared of dogs ever since and even if I hear one
bark in the distance when I'm out I freeze like mad until I'm reassured that
it's nowhere near me. If there is a dog near me I feel worse. I'm sure the fact
that I have never seen a dog doesn't help as can't judge their temperaments and
have no warning they are going to pounce on me. Oh it's such a pain for sure. I
also don't like touching things rough in texture like bristles on a brush. Yes
I know fears can be so strange. I'm sure others have stranger fears than mine.
Love Clare xxxx