[guide.chat] Re: Outlook on life to Vanessa Pugh

  • From: "David L. Bailey" <baileydavidl62@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 15:29:33 -0400

Hi Vanessa,

    We have a lot of similarities.  We are both diabetic.  I have been blind
since May 2008, started losing my sight in Dec. 2007.  I have been wearing
two hearing aids since Aug. 2007.  Blindness and deafness from diabetic
related micro vascular disease.  I too think we must realize that we still
have much to offer the world around us.  When I was teaching middle school
math, I had a poster that said attitude is a little thing that makes a big
difference.  If we think analytically our attitude does not change our
situation, however it can change the number of people who are willing to
help us in our situation either negatively or positively depending on
whether we are negative or positive. I also am constantly amazed that no
matter how bad my situation is, that if I stop for a moment and look around
I can always find someone who has it a little tougher.  In those moments I
try to offer help and encouragement to those individuals.  I always walk
away knowing I am the one who was blessed by helping the individual, if only
by realizing I still have much to offer.

In His Love and Service,
David L. Bailey
baileydavidl62@xxxxxxxxx