[guide.chat] Next weeks Country File

  • From: "vanessa pugh" <shannon17@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 21:02:38 -0000

for all of you fans of this rural show the next programme is from the lovely
island of Geurnsey, I took my kids there on a 6 hour ferry trip when they were
all aged under 6, luckily it was calm sailing , we landed in St Peterport,
spent 6 hours ashore and the return trip back to Portsmouth was another 6
hours, got given some cheap return tickets so thought why not go, at least they
could say that they had done the trip, I didn't drive at the time so my sister
took us to the port which is about 50 miles from our home town of Winchester,
this old town used to be the capital of England before all was sent to London,
used to take my kids all over the place so at least they had some good travel
memories, spent all of our holidays in this country and only went abroad when
my youngest was 14, they all had a school trip to Luxembourgh, from here they
had day trips to Germany, Belgium , Monacco and to the war graves in France, so
glad that we can look back with our memories as can't afford to travel these
days, my oldest grandson has a trip booked for a week in Spain when he has
completed his exams so this will hopefully be a good end to his 2 years of hard
work, what holiday plans do you have chat liners, let's hope for some nice
weather and get some more topics on here, Vanessa the Saints reporter x x