[guide.chat] More Emmerdale Gossips for you

  • From: "Carol O'Connor" <missbossyboots33@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide Chat List" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 20:23:06 -0000

By , Soaps Editor
Rachel Breckle from Emmerdale
© ITVEmmerdale newcomer  has revealed that there are exciting times ahead for
her character Rachel Breckle, promising that she has depth and that viewers
will be introduced to her "extended family" in the coming months.
The actress was cast in the ITV1 soap earlier in the summer and Rachel makes
her first appearance on screen in tonight's episode.
Rachel's debut sees her storm round to the Dingles' home in a rage, accusing
young Samson of bullying her niece Amelia.
Speaking to ITV Calendar about her first scenes, Oaten commented: "For me,
barging into the Dingles' house and giving them what for was really bizarre,
but that's the joy of playing Rachel - she's got no connection to any of them,
so she doesn't know that the Dingles aren't really a family to be messed with.
She really doesn't care - she just goes in there all hell blazing and gives
them a piece of her mind."
However, she continued: "I think there's a very lonely side to Rachel inside
that I'd like to explore more, and I think that will come out as the weeks go
on. She's got quite a quirky sense of humour and I think the writers might have
seen that in me and have started to pick up on the fact that I'm quite daft in
the head as a person, as Gemma!"
Oaten added that she is thrilled by the news that her character has family
members arriving in the show.
She said: "I come in with my niece tonight. There is a nephew that is coming in
too, and there's going to be an extended family that I haven't heard too much
about yet, so I'm really excited to see who I'm joined by in the coming months.
It'll be great!"
Emmerdale continues tonight at 7pm on ITV1.