[guide.chat] In Reply To: jim

  • From: "James Liddell" <james.liddell2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <qwerT�ty1234567a@xxxxxxxxx>, <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 12:54:15 +0100

Actually, vanessa, Lidl's food store is German!
My surname, Liddell, comes from the Liddel water, Liddesdale,in the Scottish
borders!
I'm no fan of the haggis and tartan brigade - after all, tartan, while existing
from at least the twelfth century, was re-invented by Albert, German husband of
German Queen Victoria, when they bought a perfectly respectable Scots baronial
house and ruined it by creating the monstrosity called Balmoral!
As for Scots history, well, you have things a wee bit skewed. The Roman
province of Britannia never stretched to what is now Scotland - indeed, "Great"
Britain is only "Great" to distinguish it from "Lesser" Britain - Brittany, or
Breton, in what is now France!
I have a diploma in Scots history from Stirling University ( gained through
correspondence and summer schools ), my speciality being early and medieval
history up until the act of Union in 1707.
My nation's past has always fascinated me - ever since I started English at
secondary school and realised just what a pigs ear Shakespeare made of our
king, Macbeth, and his actually very prosperous and peaceful reign.
Ever since then, I've been immersed in my country's language and culture - and,
more recently, politics.

From: James Liddell - Email Address: james.liddell2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent On: 13/08/2012 11:29
Sent To: vanessa, GUIDE CHAT - Email Address: qwerty1234üa567a@xxxxxxxxÔ¨m,
guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] b b c complaints telephone
number for no audio description

Vanessa;
The Olympics opening ceremony was on Freeview Red Button as it was broadcast -
live.
Not that that interested me much.
It was simply British propagandising at it's most sycophantic.
I'm not British.
I'm not proud of Britain.
I'm Scots - and proud of it!