[guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] jim

  • From: "James Liddell" <james.liddell2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "vanessa" <qwerty1234567a@xxxxxxxxx>, "GUIDE CHAT" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 09:28:18 +0100

Vanessa;
I've always maintained that the people who know their needs are the best ones
to advise the so-called- professionals. You know what you are, and are not,
capable of - who better, then, to know what adaptions you need?
I'm on the local Access panel; our aim being to kick the butt of the local
authority.
We once spent five years trying to get a stair lift fitted to an upper storey
flat to enable the person, who had severe MS, to get some mobility.
The council argued that the flat was unsuitable fore a stair lift, despite the
fact that an identical flat had such a stair lift to help the person with
cerebral palsy get about!
The thing which made it even worse was, when that person moved out, the council
ripped the stair lift out and binned it!
When we asked why they couldn't have transferred the thing across the road, we
got the reply that it was binned on health and safety grounds.
Aaaaaaaaaaaargh!

From: James Liddell - Email Address: james.liddell2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent On: 08/06/2012 08:57
Sent To: vanessa, GUIDE CHAT - Email Address: qwerty1234567a@xxxxxxxxx,
guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: In Reply To: [guide.chat] i now have new doors

Wow, Vanessa!
You sound really excited about your new doors. I'm very happy for you; the
sense of freedom they must give you will be brilliant. I know the upheaval
you've gone through to get them fitted must have been pure murder, but you're
bound to feel it's been worth it now.
Yes, you can't beat real sunshine, or snow, or even rain for that matter.
Nothing man-made comes even close. As for fresh air, though?
Well, as I posted on Wednesday, the local farmers are spraying slurry on their
fields...the aroma of fermented cow and pig muck is, shall we say, distinctive?
At least there was no real wind yesterday.
Today, though, the breeze is blowing straight toward my house, and even with
the windows and doors closed, the smell is everywhere!
At least it'll be gone by tomorrow.
Dung flavoured toast isn't my favourite starter!