[guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] Malcolm's chat line swing band

  • From: "M BOWKER" <bowker288@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 18:40:34 -0000

Hi Vanessa, Singing in the street with your kids. Sounds like all you need to
finish it off is a big cloth bag and an umbrella. Mary Poppin'sg. hehehehe.

love Malcolm. xxx.

this sounds like a great idea,, we can all play or learn to play an instrument,
I learned the piano from the age of 3, the lady who lived next door to my
grandparents was a teacher and when nan took me round for a cuppa she used to
let me touch the keys, she realised that I wanted to learn so used to give me a
half hour lesson, by the age of 5 I was getting the hang of it but she realised
that I was going deaf and things were difficult, she taught me to read music
and how to keep time by using a metronome, this is a gadget which has one hand
and goes from side to side and ticks like a clock, she taught me how to watch
the arm swing and keep time that way, it was hard work but it really helped me
to keep the rhytham of the music, at the age of 7 had an operation to take out
my tonsils  and gradually got most of my hearing back, this is when I started
singing lessons alongside the piano, spent those last years at primary in the
choir, also used to sing in the local church choir and sometimes played the
church organ, when I moved to secondary carried on with singing and the piano
and also learned the cello and the flute, haven't done much playing since
leaving school but do follow music, it's great fun to get the grandkids
listening to my cd collection, this has some opera, classical music and various
different sorts , the kids and I are always singing around the house and break
into song when ever we are out walking, our neighbours must think we are mad
but who cares, if you make a subject fun then the little ones want to learn and
learn more, so get on and learn new things, it's never too late, have fun,
Vanessa the Saints reporter x x

-----