[guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] to clare

  • From: "Sarah Mellor" <sarah_mellor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "clare moulds" <clare@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 23:19:34 +0100

OH I understand how annoying it is when you want to do a course and can't find
a friend or any-one to help as I ahve wanted to go to a cookery school for so
long so I can learn to cook more easy but yummy things from scratch and not
have so many ready meals but for a start its the cost and then its finding
some-one to help so i can have one to one as social service say they only help
with basic techniques and don't teach you recipes as such. taht's so bad that
no-one from the comunity centre can help you do that course as it would be so
good for you and very theraputic and a good way of making friends. Its also
annoying when we want to go to a gig or something or have a week-end or holiday
away and can't get some-one to go with and they're all off out living it up and
most of us don't have enough hours or it would take forever to save up enough
hours to go on holiday withy a carer and even with things like vitalize it
costs us so much more than it does for a sighted person going on holiday as we
have to pay for the carers to go as well and most of us are not working and on
benefits.  They just don't get how hard it is for us at all and I know it can
be very frustrating. They would have a nice job going on a free holiday all
expenses paid and also vitalize stopped the buddy skeme where they try and
match people up with some-one with similar interests which is ideal as
organised holidays are often not reall like holidays as you have to be back to
the buss by certain times and things like that. OH torch holidays they wouldn't
take us to the pub because they said it was against their ethos and its not
even like we were getting drunk we just didn't want to go back to our rooms so
early and on one occasion we only got an hour in Brighten on our last day
because it was the open ceremony of the olympics and some of us includeing me
weren't bothered about it as we ahdn't paid all that money to sit and watch
tell so since there were people with cars as well as a mini buss some-one
should have offered to bring some of us back later if we wanted to stay as
after all we had paid hunderds of pounds for that holiday and should be able to
have the freedom to do what we like and not having that taken away with us as
its our right just as it is for sighted people as well. There I go again
getting on my soap box but its good we're all in the same situation and can do
this.

Take care.

Love Sarah xxxxxxxxx