[guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] Forwarded Email: Join Guide Dogs for a march, lobby of Parliament and rally on May 11th!

  • From: "JunePorter" <june.porter9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidguidedog145@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 11:59:10 +0100

Hello to you all
After seeing the forwarded email from David, I can only say, that we stand to
lose a lot if we don't do anything about the savage proposals the government
are making. Let's face it, we struggled to get  what we have now, and to lose
it after all the fighting  we've done over the years would have been wasted.
Not only would people lose their DLA but it would have a knock-on effect to
other benefits.
I wouldn't want to see anyone worse off  because of the government's proposals,
and that's why we should make ourselves heard by the government even if it's
just writing to your mp. I know the rnib have got letters already written which
just need to be signed, which would make it easier.
Both Alan and I am going on the march in May, not just for ourselves, but for
all those who stand to lose out if the government get their way.
This may seem a little forceful, but I don't want to see anyone losing money,
and put to hardship.
best wishes
June.