[guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] For Jim,

  • From: "James Liddell" <james.liddell2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Faye; Cathie; and Mike!" <catherineharris1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Guide chat list" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 22:37:57 +0100

No, Cathie, we don't have braille hymnbooks.
We use "Complete Mission Praise" in our church.
The Church of Scotland recently published its own hymnal, CH4 - but we chose
not to use it. Its' print version weighs a ton, so goodness knows what the
braille version looks like!
Anyway, I had to give up braille as my fingers simply can't read it anymore;
not even the jumbo version. Because of other health issues, sometimes I can't
even feel it when I cut my fingers accidentally.
Luckily, though, I can use my CCTV at home, and have an electronic magnifier -
a Smartview Versa- which alters the colour and magnifies to giant print, while
still fitting in my pocket, so I can use it to read out the notes I print out
in giant print if I'm leading a study or preaching,.