[guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] Direct payment

  • From: "Carol O'Connor" <missbossyboots33@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide Chat List" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 23:41:44 +0100

Hi sara
No didn't mind coming out with it all.
Yes if your paying so much towards your carer in direct payment then yes its
your carers job to drop you off providing you have paid towards her
or him

Yes got to make best of it by the way my carer is
Our julie's partners sister our waynes who is dad to our James and mathew well
its his sister who cares for me.

At chrismmas julia has to wrap lots of presents up for me write over 60
christmas cards etc
got there work cut out believe me

Yes if you can get the 15 hours package that would be fantastic
just think of all what your carer could do for you

for extra hours you have to be assessed again
give your reasons for why you want extra hours
carers can take you to cinema swimming shopping tempin bowling prividing you
treat yur carer
dentist hospitals doctors
libruary or just walk in park
etc
pub lunches

well worth it yes sarah you going to get that extra
D.L.A.
 it weill enable you to pay for her fantastic

did you know that if you wanted a motobility car of your own you can give your
D.L.A up for 3 years?
that pays for a car of your choice.
you have to find some one to drive it for you though
they pay your tax and insurance and if breaks down they sort it all out for you.

obviously you have to pay your own petrol though
so its great to own your own car on loan for 3 years

few of my blind friends have there own motibility cars.
My carer has her own car so i am ok there
Rright going to bed now very tired
speak in morning take care and have  a lovely weekend  Love Carol x.x.x.x.