[guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] Be alert ladies

  • From: "clare moulds" <clare@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 18:43:09 +0100

Hi Malcolm thank you so much for the warning. OH this is so scary for sure. I
thank God I'm never out alone and like Carol I always keep my bag with me I
hang onto it for dear life as I agree with Carol you can't be too careful these
days. I just carry what I need and don't take any more money than I need to. I
don't go shopping much but when I do I still pay by money and not by card. If I
need to pay by card my good old daddy does it for me and I pay him back how
lovely of him. Luckily at my blind clubs and dance I only need to take money to
get in which is usually no more than £2 a time. I take my own drinks and
something to eat so that means having less money to carry. I take a little
extra for the Monday blind club bring and buy sale that we have to raise money
for our outings but I know I'm safe there. Also refreshments at the blind clubs
are all free once we have paid our subs. It's only the dance where I have to
take my own so I don't have to rely on anyone to take me to the leisure centre
cafe it's much easier. Oh Carol if anyone asks why we are clutching our bags so
much it shows they just don't understand we have to be even more careful as
people always try to take advantage of the vulnerable it's so sad. Thought I
would share that with you. Love Clare xxxx