[guide.chat] In Reply To: donna

  • From: "M BOWKER" <bowker288@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 23:20:31 -0000

Carol, there wasn't much food about in those days. As far as I remember, no
sweets, No fruit either. When I did get a ban nana I didn't know what it was.
did you play with it or was it something to eat.

This is the sort of thing my family use to eat. Stews made with what ever you
could get. pigs trotters. sheep's brain. sheep's heart. tripe from cows belly
lining. some times white and sometimes black. This was eaten raw with salt and
pepper and vinegar. Horse meat and whale meat. And they were all bloody aw
full. You either ate it or go without a meal.
Jam butties for tea, nothing else. So you see Carol, You either ate it or
starve. You want to ask Vanessa to get the ration books up for you to see what
we got. I can't remember all but with rations you got something like 1 oz. of
butter for a family to last you a week. I think it was two eggs a week for a
family. Dad always came first because he had to be fit for work. Then the el
dist child then work down to the smallest. And so on .I am sure Elizabeth can
tell you more as she went through more than me.

love Malcolm. xxx

hi donna
same here yuck hate sterised milk sickly and fattening
love carol xxxx