[guide.chat] In Reply To: Tips getting in car or Taxi

  • From: "M BOWKER" <bowker288@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 12:47:19 +0100

Carol, I always ask the persin on the phone to tell the taxi driver to come to
the door for me. If their good with me I will tip them, if their not then
nothing.
Like you said, were paying for it.

love Malcolm. xxx

HI ALL

Well if your getting in to a car
its important you ask driver which way the door is open.

For example if he says left you know then seat is on your right wehn you climb
in.

 its also important when cab drivers come to your house to pick you up you must
ask him if its a mini bus or private car.

Why

well I did stupid trick one time not asking that so like an idiot I was trying
to sit on the steps thinking I was getting in to car.

Driver said,
what are you doing love,

I said trying to find the seat.

Driver,said,its mini bus.

Not joking felt like a right idiot.

so embarrassing then.
never did that again,
Now then when getting in car
if door opens to your left side you know driver is going to your left.
if he opens the door to your right then you know driver is facing the right.

makes life that little bit easier for you.

I know seat in back is on my left if door is opened to your right.
This is so vital to know as us blind deaf or partially sighred who have tiny
vision must find it difficult some times
My carer always put my hand now on top of door to let me know which way its
facing.

I like to take my time to sit in the car so don't get trapped .

I can put my seat belt on now

Some taxi drivers not helpful at all they just sit there like Zombies don't get
out car unless you tell them too.

I amke sure now that cab drivers come and get me out.

We never know if he parks near lamp post or street bins or bus stops.
Some times I have to stretch my legs over to pavement he is too far away from
the kerb

I am very curcious now always speak up.
I make sure now I get taxi driver to take me straight to door.

After all your paying for the service.

Black cabs are good taxi's as you only need to bend your head down and walk in
then sit down

just thought I would shaire this tip

Love Carol xxxx