[guide.chat] Re: In Reply To: In Reply To: Re: In Reply To: question for people born Blind

  • From: "David L. Bailey" <baileydavidl62@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 12:18:06 -0400

Wow Malcolm is the wife with these women wanting to pinch yer cheeks and
kiss ye all over?  I lost my sight in 2008 about 6 months before 46 and it
was tough.  I lost my job but have been retrained and work teaching other
blind and visually impaired to use computer with JAWs/ZoomText or Guide.  I
was a middle school math teacher before being blind for four years, before
that computer programmer on AS/400 for 20 years.  I think adventitious
blindness is more of an adjustment to life style, while congenital blindness
presents challenges in visualizing things never seen.  This would present
difficulties in education.  We all need to make the absolute most of every
minute we have with or without sight because we can never get a wasted
minute back.  Becoming blind has taught me that not wasting time especially
includes conveying your feelings to those we care about.

Thank You,
David L. Bailey
baileydavidl62@xxxxxxxxx