[guide.chat] I'm Back

  • From: "clare moulds" <clare@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 16:42:52 +0100

Good Afternoon all. Here I am after such a lovely weekend. It's so good to be
back again. I had such a lovely weekend with my auntie Pearl and yes of course
I had lots of home cooking always the best. On Friday night we had sausage and
mash dinner. Saturday night we had home made meat pie and Sunday we had that
lovely chicken dinner I have been hoping to have for so long. Even better than
that we had chicken dinner last night too as auntie Pearl had some chicken left
over not bad going so I made up for lost time there in a big way. I had my all
important medicine too. I still had the aero caramel mousses as took them with
me but auntie Pearl had lots of other goodies for me too as you can imagine and
she sent me home with a big chocolate stash as always. It won't last 5 minutes
haha. Well sadly auntie Pearl is suffering very badly with arthritis so we
couldn't go out like we have done in the past she used to take me into town and
have something to eat out and even tenpin bowling but she can't manage that
these days with her bad legs. It didn't matter though as it was lovely spending
those 4 days quality time with her I didn't mind that we couldn't go out. We
had a good old catch up and lots of fun. Luckily it was lovely and sunny all
weekend so we managed to sit in her garden for a while she has a lovely big
garden and even a greenhouse. While she was doing jobs and cooking dinner I
listened to my CD's on my daisy player and I read my braille magazines that I
took with me as saved them up as knew I would need something to keep me
occupied as didn't have computer with me but I did have my mobile phone with me
which has been such a lifeline even more than usual over the weekend. Thank you
to those on here who sent me texts over the weekend it was so lovely of you and
it's been so cool to keep in touch. I would have felt so lost without my
mobile. Oh yes on Saturday afternoon I helped auntie Pearl bake some chocolate
brownies they were so yummy. On Sunday afternoon we baked a blackberry and
apple pie and also did one for my mum and dad it was a lovely surprise for them
and they said tonight they will get tucking into it. I made the pastry I love
rubbing the fat in with the flour to make breadcrumbs. It's very messy I know
but the messier the better I say haha. Then I managed to mix in the water to
make a dough. I didn't make the meat pie which was a shame as auntie Pearl had
already done that but at least I did the rest of the baking it's such fun I
love it. I told auntie Pearl straight away that if she needs any help with
anything then just let me know. I told her I won't be any bother honest. She
laughed at that and she said I'm no bother anyway ah bless. She's really loved
having me staying with her. Well I was happy I still got to the blind club
yesterday I won a caramel bar on the dominoes and a box of malteesers on the
raffle. We had a fresh cream cake for a lady's birthday. Barbara picked me up
from Auntie Pearl's and took me back there after the club how lovely of her.
Then I got that yummy chicken dinner much needed. My parents picked me up at 6
PM so we got back here in time for the soaps. Well my parents and my sister
Elaine and Simon and the kids had a lovely time in great Yarmouth and how lucky
they were with the weather it was so amazing. They did things like going on the
machines and amusements, they played crazy golf which I think goes without
saying with my dad being golf mad haha. They went on a boat trip. They went on
the beach quite a bit and they had a ride on donkeys. They also went bike
riding on these 4 wheel bikes my dad described them to me. They sound different
to normal bikes. On Sunday night Elaine and Simon took the kids to this special
show they do for kids in these holiday camps while my parents had a much needed
rest enjoying the peace and they all went out for a drink every night. OH it's
been so cool for me to be able to keep in touch with my parents by text. We
sent texts to each other at least 3 times a day and sometimes 4. I missed them
so much but being able to keep in touch with them helped me a lot. They stayed
in a caravan and the place sounded nice. Well my parents bought me some
presents back with them. They gave me some chocolates no surprises there haha.
They also bought me a T shirt and a new mug how lovely of them not bad going.
Oh yes I enjoyed the x factor and thought Jade was amazing singing that Adele
song and the judges loved her they got very emotional. I also loved Luke the 16
year old lad. What an amazing voice. Auntie Pearl wasn't impressed though by
any of it. She doesn't usually watch it so I'm very glad she didn't mind me
watching it but she won't be bothering with it again that's for sure. We also
listened to an interview with Glen Campbell on radio magic I really enjoyed it
but I noticed he kept forgetting things so his wife had to keep prompting him
oh it's so sad he has this awful Alzheimer's it's such a cruel condition. They
played a lot of his music I love it. Let's just hope his farewell tour goes
well. Today I enjoyed being the number 1 dancing princess as always. No luck on
the raffle but it's always the taking part and having fun that counts and I did
win at the blind club yesterday. Tomorrow is Janet's blind club so I look
forward to that so a lovely busy time for me. Well I think that's updated you
all with my news so far. I hope you are all ok and had a good weekend too.
Malcolm, I hope you arrived home safe and sound and that you had a better time
coming home than going. I hope you had a lovely time I look forward to hearing
all about it. I missed you but we can now make up for lost time. I have been
thinking of you. Well I'm now back on normal mail and have just seen Sarah's
email. Oh dear Sarah I'm so sorry you are having such a bad time at the moment
that's not good being treated like that by your beloved. I'm so sorry to hear
that. What a big shock. Things were going so well with you both. I'm thinking
of you and am there for you. You have lots of lovely friends on here.
Muckyduck2, I love your jokes as always. Well it's a cold rainy day here so a
good job my family came back yesterday they were very lucky to have such lovely
weather for their weekend away. It's meat pie for tea. I'm so happy to be back
again. It's lovely to be away but there's no place like home. Love Clare xxxx