[guide.chat] Humour

  • From: "Harold Kitching" <harold.kitching01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Forum chats guade forum" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 21:05:46 +0100

I mulled come

I live in York

fill you in with more details or later

going to catch my classic play on radio four extra

Best wishes Harold
Is the  longest word typed with only the left hand

And  "lollipop"
Is the  longest word typed with your right hand.
(Bet you tried this  out mentally, didn't you?)
No  word in the English language rhymes with  month,  orange, silver, or
purple.

"Dreamt" is  the only English word that ends in the letters "MT".
(Are you doubting  this?)
Our eyes  are always the same  size from  birth,
But our  nose and  ears

Never stop growing.

The  sentence:
"The  quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog"
Uses  every letter of the alphabet.
(Now, you KNOW you're going to try this  out for accuracy, right?

The  words 'racecar,'
'kayak'
And  'level'
Are the  same whether they are read
Left to  right or right to left (palindromes).
(Yep, I  knew you were going to "do" this one.)

There  are only four words in the English language which end in "dous":
tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.
(You're not doubting  this, are you?)
There  are two words in the English language that have all five vowels in
order: "abstemious" and "facetious."
(Yes, admit it, you  are going to say, a e I o u)

TYPEWRITER  is the  longest word
That can be made using the letters only on one row of  the keyboard.
(All you typists are  going to test this out)

A  cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
A  goldfish has a memory span of three  seconds.
(Some days that's about  what my memory span is.)
A "jiffy" is  an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second...
A  shark is the only  fish that can blink with both eyes.

A snail  can sleep for three  years.
(I know some people that  could do this too.!)

Almonds  are a member of the peach family.

An  ostrich's eye is bigger  than its brain.
(I know some people like  that also)

Babies  are born  without kneecaps.  They don't  appear until the child
reaches 2 to 6 years of age.

February  1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full
moon.

In  the last 4,000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.

If  the population of China  walked past  you, 8 abreast,  the line  would
never end because of the rate of reproduction.
Leonardo Da  Vinci invented the  scissors

Peanuts   are one of  the ingredients of dynamite!

Rubber  bands last longer when  refrigerated.
The  average person's left hand does 56% of the typing.

The  cruise liner, QE 2

Moves  only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns.

The microwave  was invented after a  researcher walked by a radar tube and a
chocolate bar melted in his  pocket..
(Good thing he did  that.)

The  winter of 1932 was so cold that Niagara Falls  froze  completely solid.
There  are more chickens than people  in the world.

Winston  Churchill

Was born  in a ladies' room during a dance.
Women  blink  nearly twice  as much as men.  Is it
Bonus!!   All the ants in Africa weigh more than ALL the  Elephants!!

Now  you know (a little) more than you did before!!

The  Rain-Thomas Kinkade
in
This  is a Thomas Kinkade painting It's rumored to carry a miracle! They say
if you pass this on, you will receive a miracle. I am passing this on
because I thought it was really informative, and besides, who couldn't use a
miracle?!
It's its his