[guide.chat] Guide Dog Training

  • From: "Sara" <e-mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 21:02:38 +0100

Hi Everyone,

I am starting training with my first guide dog tomorrow.  His name is Nougat,
but it is pronounced Nugget.  He is about 19 months old and he's a black
Labrador retriever cross.  He is really placid and quiet, which is the sort of
dog I need.

I am really looking forward to the training tomorrow, but I am not sure what
will be happening when I get to the Hilton hotel in Shrewsbury, which is the
one that the Shrewsbury branch of Guide Dogs uses.  I am going there every day
as I live quite close by.  Transport has been arranged to pick me up, take me
to the hotel, then when I have finished for the day they will bring me home.  I
have to be there at 11 AM every morning except Thursday, when I have to be
there for 9 AM.  I will be bringing him home with me in the evenings starting
either tomorrow or Tuesday.

I will let you know if I qualify with Nougat, but I really hope I do.

Take care of yourselves.

From Sara